Malena DeMartini and Irith Bloom are our two amazing guests today. Separation Anxiety for dogs is one of the most difficult disorders to manage, so we hope this episode educates and inspires.
*Always consult with a separation anxiety disorder expert, or Certified Separation Anxiety Trainer (CSAT)*
Irith Bloom – episode guide
- 1:28 Irith Bloom, different cases of Separation Anxiety Disorder
- 5:14 potential causes of Separation Anxiety Disorder
- 8:55 possible treatment plans and the need for consistency
- 15:17 Irith Bloom mentions Malena DeMartini as an important resource
Malena DeMartini – episode guide
- 18:56 Malena DeMartini starts her journey with dog training and separation anxiety
- 25:17 Malena discusses the importance of video-conference technology
- 26:45 The development of her Separation Anxiety Disorder training program
- 29:54 How does Malena define Separation Anxiety?
- 34:43 What are the first questions Malena asks?
- 38:51 Is there an average treatment plan?
- 41:42 How does moving to a new place impact my dog?
- 44:52 How many dogs have Separation Anxiety?
- 48:06 Malena and her dog, Tini!
- 54:00 Malena’s website, book, and resources
- 58:20 If Malena had a magic wand, what would she do?